Friday, February 10, 2012

Star Wars... Knotty Style

Dearest Readers:

I will confess, now that we are talking about knotty little secrets, that you will not find me being responsible for several things on this blog amongst which are:  tutorials, quilting, cooking, sewing, canning, crotcheting (although Jaime is trying to teach me), and/or technology (I'm still trying to figure out my Iphone). But this post will show off a couple of things that I can do and that I can do well.  I can knit (just can't show you how I did it because it just happens) and I can draw. 

Yes, folks, it may come as a big shock to you that my day job does not involve illustration but, I tell you truthfully, it does not.  Nope.  Nada.  But, here, on our humble little blog, I can really let my artistic talents shine.  So, join with me now as I take you on a little adventure called Star Wars... Knotty Style. 

Would you believe that, until about a month ago, I had not watched the Star Wars movies?!  Yes, I know - according to some of my friends, it is an outrage since it is my generation's version of Harry Potter or Twilight or so they say.  So, in honor of my friends Steve and Scott (fellow Knotty Krafter Christy's husband), I determined that I needed to watch ALL of the movies...  in about the span of one week.   I do think that my friends were a little worried when I asked "When does Spock show up?"  I was completely joking ... um... ya.. I was COMPLETELY joking. 

Because Mr. Lucas is rereleasing Star Wars:  Episode 1 in 3-D (read:  making an assload of money), I decided to dedicate this blog posting to my version of the main characters in Star Wars via my detailed illustrations...  Don't be jealous of my drawings - we all have our talents, you must simply find yours and not covet my natural, God given talent.  Without further ado, Star Wars... Knotty Style.


C-3PO:  "I am a pain in the butt who gets into trouble and constantly needs saving."
R2-D2:  "I am the brains of the operation.  I plug myself into crap and save the day.  Dee do.  Dee Do.  Beep. Beep."

Yoda:  "Make Sense...  I do not."

Luke Skywalker:  "I am into incest."
Princess Leia:  "What a coincidence - Me too!"

Chewbacca:  "Raar!  Seriously?  What in the hell is he saying?  Give a girl some subtitles."

Darth Vader:  His Match.com ad:  "I have a lightsaber that I enjoy.  Must be into heavy breathing!"

But, seriously, in honor of the movie series, the rerelease, and my dear friends (Steve and Scott), I decided to knit a Yoda hat and here is the result:



And, asked two of my faithful companions, Chloe and Rawley, to help by modeling it for you:


All in all, not a bad series.  I tip my hat to you George Lucas - you marketing genius!  And, I am strangely attracted to Darth Vader...  Weird? 

And that my friends is Star Wars... Knotty Style.  Have a great weekend!

- Jennifer


2 comments: