Monday, February 20, 2012

Secret Weapons [Shhhhh, don't tell NASA]

Dearest Reader,

I am about to share with you a tip I once got from a dermatologist that revolutionized my life.  I don't throw the word "revolutionized" willy-nilly either.  This advice has saved me HUNDREDS of dollars in my quest for a clean face.

About 6 years ago [right around the time I was studying for the bar exam], my dermatologist gave me the following recipe for washing my face:



1. Wet your face.
2. Put 2 pumps of original clear Softsoap in your hands and lather.
3.  Use the Softsoap to clean your face.
4.  Continue to use your hands to scrub while you sing "Happy Birthday" to yourself twice.
5.  Rinse.



[the music swells and angels sing]



I have to say that my dermatologist was GENIUS!  The Softsoap is super cheap and very mild on my skin.  Making sure to use it for the entire song of Happy Birthday TWICE really makes sure that my skin is clean.  So, no more expensive face washes for this girl!  It is very important that you use the colorless, clear version.  You can even get the generic version (that's what I use to save even more money).

Happy face washing!

Cheers!  Jaime

1 comment: