Monday, June 20, 2011

Happy Father's Day!

I spent Father's Day with my Parents in Salina.  I thought I would make a fun lunch yesterday for my Dad.  My Dad LOVES pizza, especially pizza with mushrooms and anchovies.  Blech.  Even thought anchovies make me a little nauseated, I made Dad a pizza on the grill and also cooked mom and I individual pizzas as well!  I also  made a love fresh green bean salad to go with it.

Our Pizza Dinner
 
Pizza On the Grill Recipe
Pizza Pizza Dough (I used pre-made frozen dough from Walmart, but you can also use dough in the Pillbury tube or make your own)
Pizza Sauce
Mozzeralla Cheese
Parmesan Cheese
Various Pizza Toppings (I used anchovies and mushrooms for Dad, Canadian Bacon and Pineapple for myself, and Canadian Bacon, bell pepper, and red onion for my Mom's).  

To start, turn on your gas grill on high.   Next, cut your dough into individual sized balls.  I made 3 pizzas out of the frozen dough from Walmart (which is enough for one full sized pizza).  The dough will be the easiest to work with if it is room temperature.  On a floured surface, I rolled each of the three balls into a circle.  It is very important that you flour both sides of the dough for grilling purposes.

Next, I turn the grill down to medium and place the first crust on the grill.  Close the lid.  As soon as the crust can be easily removed from the grill, flip the crust and cook the other side until that side is easily removable from the grill.  This should be 2-3 minutes per side.  Do that with all of your crusts.

 Add the desired toppings to each of your pizzas, ending with the cheeses.  Place the crusts back on the grill and close the top.  Cook the pizzas until the cheese is completely melted.  Wait 5 minutes to cut the pizza and enjoy!  

Fresh Green Bean Salad Recipe
Fresh green beans
Red Onion
Feta
Olive Oil
Spike Seasoning
Pine Nuts  

Clean and cut ends off of green beans.  Steam green beans for 5 minutes, then blanch.  Toss with thinly sliced red onion, olive oil, feta, and pine nuts.  Refrigerate for 15 to 45 minutes.  Sprinkle Spike Seasoning before serving.  

 Cheers! Jaime

No comments:

Post a Comment