Monday, January 23, 2012

Quilting Part 1

This year past year for Christmas, I decided to hand make all of the Christmas gifts that I would give to people. It was a HUGE undertaking!!  My list of gifts was long and distinguished.

I made quilts, dishcloth and scrubbie sets, Ginger Peach Jam (with Christy), Peach Brandy, and knitting needle cases.  While making everything took time, I really enjoyed the process of hand making things for the people I love most in the world.

My favorite quilt that I made was for my parents.  I used the Daisy Chain pattern from Jelly Roll Quilts by Pam and Nicky Lintott.


I used the Moda Fabric Line of Pom Pom de Paris by French General for the fabric.  It took 2 jelly rolls to make this king sized quilt. 





I modified the pattern in Jelly Roll Quilts by Pam and Nicky Lintott to accomodate the king size of this quilt, using 2 full jelly rolls and 8 blocks x 8 blocks. 
I also added a 5 inch border of my main cream colored fabric as well as a 5 inch border of Pom Pom de Paris yardage. 











Happy Quilting!


No comments:

Post a Comment